I think we might be in for a bad winter. It's been freezing here already.
To top it off, I started jury duty yesterday (bad). I was supposed to go for five days ending on Tuesday. However, today they said we didn't have to come back (good). I never even went to a courtroom to be questioned to be a juror, ha! They said that happens sometimes when you start in the middle of the week. I forgot how much colder it is downtown with the wind from the lake, brrr.
1. We've always had good luck with leaving on time when we've flown. After taxing to take off we waited and waited. After a half hour the pilot came on and told us we had to go back to the gate there was something wrong with the plane. We finally took off two hours late, ugh. Before we did the pilot came on and told us he would get us to Vegas "to the best of his ability." Nothing made me feel more confident than that, ha!!
2. I practiced taking video with my phone before the fountain show at the Bellagio's because I've never done it before. I was excited when the show started and I changed from photo's to video. When it was done, I tried to watch it - no video, huh? I was upset but I had told our son to do it on his phone too so I wasn't concerned because he said he would text it to me. Okay, the next day he tried to send it but it was too high of resolution to send. It was our last day, so I asked if they could take me back so I could try again. They did and I got it. I think what happened the first time, I was so excited when I saw the show starting that I may have turned it to video but forgot to start it lol.
3. Hippie always stayed up much later than I did gambling. One time he came in at 2:30 a.m. and when he tried to brush his teeth before going to sleep, he found out we had no water. I called up the front desk and they told us it wouldn't be back on until 4. We never did find out what happened but all we could think of was the poor people that went back to their rooms and were sick, ewww.
4. We both got club cards from where we were staying a few visits before. You earn points when you use the machines. One time we left gambling to go out to eat. When we came back, I realized I had left my card in the machine earlier and someone else was playing on it. She had her own card in the machine. I asked the person if they saw it but shesaid no. The guys had gone their own way to gamble, so son's girlfriend and I went to talk to the people where you get the cards to see if someone may have returned it. No, no one had turned it in. Then she looked up my name and said I didn't have a card. I told her that couldn't be true because I had been using it. Then she called the front desk and they told her no I didn't have a card. I kept insisting that I did have a card. She fiddled with her computer and finally she found my name in it but they had transposed a couple of the letters. Whew! She gave me two new cards. When we left there, we looked for machines to sit at, and my machine was open again. I sat there for a while gambling when suddenly I looked up and saw something peeking out on the top of the machine. Sure enough, it was my card. I guess I had never really looked at the card. They had not transposed letters in my last name, they had not even put the first two letters on the card at all, ha!!
My son, his girlfriend and I went to Red Rock Canyon.
Hippie stayed at the casino and gambled. It was a pretty neat place. We didn't stop at the first few places where we could take pictures. By the time we did stop there were not many red rocks left, ugh.
If I go again, I'll have to stop where the crowds were.
The sun was peeking through.
I saw this big black bird, I don't know if it's a crow or what. It was a very windy day. A little while after I took the picture, it went flying off with another bird. It was pretty comical, they kept trying to fly and the wind kept pushing them back down.
We left for Las Vegas on Tuesday and came home Sunday. The weather was
beautiful. In the 70's and the last couple of days in the 60's. I
gambled with only $100 the whole time. In the end my total loss was $16, unbelievable, ha... I
consider that pretty good. Hippie sat next to a woman that won $1300, too bad it wasn't him. He didn't do well this time.
We went to In and Out for supper one day since we don't have it around here.
We also went to my favorite restaurant Battista's Hole in the Wall. I love that place. They give you a free coffee drink at the end of your meal, which I got the recipe for.
We also went to The Rio for their buffet. We don't normally go to buffets because hippie and I don't eat our money's worth. But for locals and guests it's only half price so we went. Hippie ate more than I've ever seen him eat. He had crab legs, shrimp and mussels. I think we all got our money's worth that night.
We've never been to The Bellagio's to see the fountain show so we did
that. How fun. I took video on my phone but can't seem to get it off
my phone. The Bellagio's had their fall decorations up.
They were also starting to add some Christmas things.
1. I went to the art museum with Magellan and a couple of other Dinner Friends this month. The remodel looked wonderful. We ate lunch there. When we were through at the museum, Magellan and I were going to head to 'Little Italy' for supper but she got a call and had to go back to work to do something. We headed to the bakery in 'Little Italy' though and bought some pastry and coffee. I went with her to her work and when she was done, we went to an Italian Restaurant closer to home.
2. Magellan and I went to a breast cancer survivorship celebration in downtown Cleveland put on by the Cleveland Clinic. We got breakfast and lunch and there were many interesting speakers about breast cancer and some swag, ha! Also, Regina Brett, who is a columnist for the Cleveland Plain Dealer spoke (she is also a bc survivor). She is such a hoot. She is also the author of 'God Never Blinks' and her new book which I got at the event but haven't read yet 'Be The Miracle'.
3. Just got back from Las Vegas last night. Will write more about this later.