The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Random thoughts

1.  My new obsession is audio books.  Can I get any lazier?   Ha!

2.  It's been getting chillier and chillier here.  I haven't been sitting on the patio too much, boo hoo...

3.  The neighbor man is turning 100 this month.

4.  I went to a launch party for someone I know that is a Christian singer/song writer.   I never did anything like that before.  It was pretty cool!  This was her first professional CD.  I'm excited for her and her family.

5. I've always had mixed feelings regarding all the pink in October.  I read a really good blog post from  a woman with breast cancer who will be on it forever, unless the decision to stop is made....... http://www.butdoctorihatepink.com/2013/10/pinktober-from-metastatic-point-of-view.html    Awareness is all well and good but we also need to be aware of people who are going to be living with cancer the rest of their lives. So, if you are inclined to buy into the whole pink October thing be careful who you give your money to.  Research is really needed for women/men not only to prolong their life but to save their lives. 

  

No comments: