The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Monday, April 14, 2008

Weekend

We didn't do much over the weekend. Ron worked Saturday and then we went to mom's to help with her shower, some laundry and straightening/cleaning house. Before we went to mom's I finished up our laundry.

On Sunday, Ron went to the union meeting. The cable guy came in the morning. Some of our stations weren't working. When the guy checked, one connection was loose. Oh boy, was I embarrassed. Usually when you call, they tell you to check your connections and we never thought to look LOL. I asked him about the wires outside. Ever since we had the house done, one wire in particular is very low and every time the garbage men come their truck touches the wire. I couldn't figure out if it was the phone, electric or cable wire. He said it's the phone so I'll have to call to see if they can fix it. I keep thinking one of these days it's just going to fall down on top of the garbage truck.

I got about 4 books I wanted for Christmas presents and haven't had a chance to start reading. I also have a couple I bought before that I hadn't gotten to yet. Sunday, after doing some laundry I brought home from mom's I decided it was the day I would make a dent in the pile of books. I don't know what kind of reader you all are but I'm the type, if I start it I keep reading until I'm done. I started around 2:30 and finished by 11:00. Of course, I pretty much didn't do anything else except read but I kind of felt I deserved a little bit of time just for myself. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Viki,
that is what I do when I get a book, read it until I'm finished so I don't get anything else done until the book is finished.
I am on the waiting list at the library for Danielle Steel's new books.
They e-mail when one come out and I am usually number 385 or something like that so I am waiting a while for it but they are usually worth the wait.
Sue