The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Thursday, February 12, 2009

Random thoughts

Does everyone feel poor? I do and we really aren't. Oh, we don't have as much money as we did before all the chaos in the economy but we are a lot better off then some people. I'm really mad, irritated, disappointed (insert other adjectives) with the government, the banks, Wall Street and especially the average people that screwed up.

Thank goodness Ron and I have always had the same philosophy about spending money. Not that we haven't probably frittered some money away over the years (I know we have) on useless things but for the most part we have been pretty good with money. We never bought too much house that we couldn't afford. We always paid our credit card off each month. We were always more homebody's. We never took a lot of vacations, spent a lot of money on restaurants (we did do a lot of fast food), or bought a lot of clothes.

I was always fortunate that Ron had a good job and I was able to stay home all these years. I was never one to worry about money. Now that he's retired and all the economic woes, I worry about money all the time. Even though I don't have to.

I think I watch too much TV and read too much about the economy. I'm obsessed with it.

It irks me though that banks lent money to SOME people that they should have known couldn't afford these homes. Credit card companies gave credit to SOME people they shouldn't have. Most importantly, SOME people took loans and credit that they should have realized they couldn't afford. What were they all thinking?

No comments: