The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Saturday, February 26, 2011

Saturday Centus #43

It's Saturday Centus again - in a nutshell, Jenny Matlock gives us a prompt from either herself or a guest submitter and then we have to write 100 or words less related to the prompt (the prompt doesn't count toward the 100 words) Then link it up to her blog. It's open until the following Saturday, so that means you have all week to participate by either reading or writing.   http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/search/label/Saturday%20Centus

The prompt is in bold.



Nancy was going on her dream vacation.


The ATM machine began dispensing twenties and she put them in her wallet. 



She drove to the airport and went inside.  All seven of her friends were chattering and hugging each other as she approached. 



“Hi ladies”, Nancy said.  



“You just made it” one said.  


Then they heard, “Flight 2681 for Hawaii is boarding”.


As they boarded the plane Nancy knew this would be the last time they would be going on a trip together.  The last time they would be treating her normal.  Once they knew they would be sad.  It was time to make lasting memories. 




15 comments:

Rek Sesh said...

Wonder what Nancy has up her sleeve??....Hawaii...that would be my dream vacation too...lovely post.

Jackie said...

sounds like Nancy is a con artist? wow did she steal that money out of the atm or what? hmmm I hate suspense :(

Nonna said...

Great job ! And since people seem to be guessing, I think she has terminal cancer and wants to have one last carefree vacation with her friends...not their sorrow and pity ???

Bookie said...

Story without an answer...reader wonders, what is coming? Intrigue with the prompt!

Gems said...

Very sad...this woman has to shatter the adventure with her news..eventually. It is so important for those faced with terminal disease to be treated normally. This one breaks my heart for many reasons.
Gemsxxx

Judie said...

Poor Nancy! She must only have 6 months to live!

mrs. c said...

Great story, I think that she has committed a terrible crime. this is the way to end, with everyone guessing.

Ames said...

I was just thinking maybe she didn't have long to live, or maybe she knew she would be arrested for keeping the money. Good one!~Ames

Koby said...

I'm with nonna, I think she's sick...? But then again, she could be a con artist. Either way, I loved it!

21 Wits said...

Oh no I hope it's going to be a happy ending for her!

Kat said...

I'm guessing she has a serious illness and wants one last time of carefree fun with her friends before her battle begins. Nice take on the prompt. Kat

Susan Anderson said...

Oh dear. What's wrong with Nancy? Now I'm curious!

=)

PS. I'm late with my Centus this week, but here it is:
Sheethead by Sue

Jo said...

oh ... sad for Nancy ... she must be ill ...

e said...

Oooohh! V. interesting. I'm with Nonna Beach, I think she has a terminal illness. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Jenny said...

Oh no! What's wrong with her? It's so neat to read all the comments and see how we each interpreted this. I felt like she was going to tell them she had terminal cancer.

You certainly made us all sit up and pay attention with this twist.

Great writing.