The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Sunday, May 20, 2012

Party weekend

Party, party, .

Saturday we went to a surprise birthday for my girlfriend from high school.  She turned 60, she wasn't too thrilled about it.  I talked to her in the morning because I didn't want her to be suspicious if I didn't call, ha.
She was very surprised when she came to her son's house thinking he and his wife were taking her out to eat. 
She doesn't like to be the center of attention but when I saw her daughter was there from out of town; also her  one brother and his wife were there too from out of state.  I knew she would survive LOL.

Sunday we had a party for mom's birthday.  It's next Saturday she'll be turning 85.  My brother was able to bring mom's friend that she knew since kindergarten.  They haven't talked since mom went into the nursing home.  It was very touching when they saw each other they were crying and hugging.  We had about 20 people.  I ordered food instead of preparing it.  I loved it, it took a lot of the pressure off me.  The nursing home provided all the dishware, tablecloths, silverware,napkins.  They even gave us coffee and bottled water.  So I saved money not having to buy that stuff.

All in all, it was a great weekend. 

1 comment:

Ames said...

Hi Viki, Isn't it wonderful to know someone as long as you have and your mother has. I have a long time childhood friend and she is so dear to me. So I can imagine the joy your mother had. Happy Birthday to mom!~Ames