The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Monday, November 25, 2013

With the good, comes some bad

1.  We've always had good luck with leaving on time when we've flown.   After taxing to take off we waited and waited.  After a half hour the pilot came on and told us we had to go back to the gate there was something wrong with the plane.  We  finally took off two hours late, ugh.  Before we did the pilot came on and told us he would get us to Vegas "to the best of his ability."  Nothing made me feel more confident than that, ha!! 

2.  I practiced taking video with my phone before the fountain show at the Bellagio's because I've never done it before.  I was excited when the show started and I changed from photo's to video.  When it was done, I tried to watch it - no video, huh?  I was upset but I had told our son to do it on his phone too so I wasn't concerned because he said he would text it to me.  Okay, the next day he tried to send it but it was too high of resolution to send.  It was our last day, so I asked if they could take me back so I could try again.  They did and I got it.  I think what happened the first time, I was so excited when I saw the show starting that I may have turned it to video but forgot to start it lol.

3.  Hippie always stayed up much later than I did gambling.  One time he came in at 2:30 a.m. and when he tried to brush his teeth before going to sleep, he found out we had no water.  I called up the front desk and they told us it wouldn't be back on until 4. We never did find out what happened but all we could think of was the poor people that went back to their rooms and were sick, ewww.

4. We both got club cards from where we were staying a few visits before. You earn points when you use the machines.  One time we left gambling to go out to eat.  When we came back, I realized I had left my card in the machine earlier and someone else was playing on it. She had her own card in the machine. I asked the person if they saw it but shesaid no.  The guys had gone their own way to gamble, so son's girlfriend and I went to talk to the people where you get the cards to see if someone may have returned it.  No, no one had turned it in.  Then she looked up my name and said I didn't have a card.  I told her that couldn't be true because I had been using it.  Then she called the front desk and they told her no I didn't have a card.  I kept insisting that I did have a card.  She fiddled with her computer and finally she found my name in it but they had transposed a couple of the letters. Whew!  She gave me two new cards.  When we left there, we looked for machines to sit at, and my machine was open again.  I sat there for a while gambling when suddenly I looked up and saw something peeking out on the top of the machine.  Sure enough, it was my card.  I guess I had never really looked at the card.  They had not transposed letters in my last name, they had not even put the first two letters on the card at all, ha!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh sounds like you had a good time, of course there is usually a little bad with the good but you can over look that. Now I have to urge to go to Vegas once again. You and Hippie have a great Thanksgiving!! -mike