The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Saturday, August 21, 2010

Saturday Centus #16

Saturday Centus was switched up this week.  Here's what it said:

WEEK 16 ASSIGNMENT

Do you remember how during the first week back at school the teacher would make you write an essay about what you did over your summer vacation? Well, school has been in session almost two weeks here so I thought we'd try this for something different.

Your story must be written in first person AND must be exactly 100 words long. It can be fact or fiction.

So...

Exactly 100 words, first person, fact or fiction...What I did over my Summer Vacation

****************

                            What I did over my Summer Vacation

The words hot and humid are one of the things I'll remember the most about summer vacation.  Although every day is a vacation for me, since I haven't worked since my son was born so many years ago. 

When my son came from out of town, since he's on our cell phone plan we got new cell phones.  We also added another one since Hippie and I always unbelievably shared one all these years.

My son helped me pick out a new computer which I'm sure I will love once it's set up. 

Could my summer vacation be anymore exciting? 


Check out what others decided to do because I'm thinking the bold letters were just a title but I'm not exactly sure LOL.    http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2010/08/saturday-centus-week-16.html

17 comments:

Cheryl said...

Either everyone is living my life or they're writing fiction. This rocked Viki!

Bookie said...

Sounds like a good catch up on tech summer...nice your son helps!

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Viki, I think we all are moving to similar grooves this week.

You had excitement with technology. I'd say that puts you to the head of the class.

Koby said...

An every day vacation?? Ohhh I am on a jealous streak with this prompt. Well done!!

Susan Anderson said...

Getting a new computer is about as exciting as it gets!

=)

Tina said...

Thanks for sharing your summer!

BECKY said...

Hey Viki! I, too, am so fortunate that I've been able to be at home for many years. I've either worked from my home, or like now...kind of on vacation..BUT I AM writing my book, so that counts as work, doesn't it?! I'm glad you had a restful and fun summer! I wanted to mention, too, that I was in 5th grade when JFK died, and the nuns at my school cried, too.

Unknown said...

Ooooh! We got new cell phones too! Exciting, very exciting!

Terra said...

Techy summer for sure! I love it!

Deborah said...

Eeek reallity! ... I loved this :o)

Malisa said...

I love sons! Aren't they the best? And they definitely have that "technology thing" going on! You are lucky to spend your "vacation" with your son!

I just posted my contribution. Please stop by!

Malisa

cj Schlottman said...

Technosummer! How very cool.

Thanks.......... cj

Kat said...

It's so nice when our kids help us out with technology, isn't it LOL. I still remember Cait, at age 5, with hands on hips, explaining to her poor clueless Mom how "Windows" worked :) Nice entry for Centus!

Tracy said...

I love commputer literate people .

Pelican Joe said...

Yes, I also caught up on my Tech... Bought my family Android phones, bought a new server for our SageTV application, and now redoing my office so that all the technology FITS into said office.

Tgoette said...

Nothing quite like getting all geeked out with high tech gizmos! What fun! Nicely done!

Jenny said...

Viki, sounds like a hi-tech summer to me.

I like your little essay.

This was a funny assignment. Thanks for being such a good sport about it.

And thanks for linking.