The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Saturday, August 10, 2013

Saturday Centus #173



The prompt this week:  'Hot time.   Summer in the City.'
Number of words:  No more than 106 total (including the 6 words of the prompt)
Style of writing: Any
Additional Pictures: Any 

Check on other centus at 




Prompt is in pink


Hot time.  Summer in the city” he heard his grandparents start to sing loudly.

“Sorry” Joey said rolling his eyes to his friend.”

“That’s okay; my grandparents listen to the same station.”

“I can’t wait until I’m old enough to get my driver’s license.”

“It’s going to be a long time before that happens for us.”

“My grandpa has already been showing me how to do things on a car.”

“Why?”

“They used to do that in the old days all the time, he says it’s cheaper to do it yourself.”

“Do you think he would show me?”

“I could ask him.”
 



4 comments:

21 Wits said...

They sure did, and lots of children working on farms drove way before they got a license! Those were the days!

21 Wits said...

They sure did, and lots of children working on farms drove way before they got a license! Those were the days!

Eden House News and views said...

Brilliant use of prompt. mine is a bit of a rant

Jenny said...

Love this!

I remember yearning to drive.

My Dad let me ride a motorcycle pretty early.

Getting permission to use the car was a lot more challenging!