The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Saturday, May 9, 2015

50 Shades of Grey Redux

I hope I used redux correctly?

Anyhow... I bought 50 Shades of Grey for my Ipad.  Now, I'm having second thoughts and think I should have left well enough alone.

I liked it when I saw it at the movies but now - not so much.  Since I've gotten to see it again, pretty much all I can see even more is everything that was left out or switched around.  It was like reading cliff notes but not understanding what was happening, only leaving confusion.

Also the digital came with a rated version, an unrated version with an alternate ending and extras.

I watched the rated movie first not knowing that it wasn't going to have the alternate ending.  Then I had to watch the unrated version.  I didn't notice anything different in the movie itself (although it might be a little different, I might have just missed it) with the alternate ending.  Even that left me frustrated, ugh.

To top it all off, the digital has a glitch.  After watching the unrated version once, I wanted to see the alternate ending again but it wouldn't play.  Also the extras, sometimes they play and sometimes they are at the end and they won't reset to the beginning.

I emailed I tunes and they had me re-download it, which naturally didn't change things so I emailed back.  Turns out I'm not the only one with the issue and they are working on how to fix it.

So, that's my review again, ha!

 

2 comments:

CJ Schlottman said...

Enjoyed this review, Viki. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. Parrish died in January suddenly of an as yet unexplained case if pneumonia. I'm working on a post for
Madness, Mania and Muddlement to tell about it.

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

I have the 3 books. Have had them over 3 years & only have read 1 1/2.
Maybe because I'm a True Crime lover, I can't get into the Fantasy.
Maybe someday I'll open them again & find out what I missed. ;0)
(((hugs)))