The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Cinderella

Magellan and I got free tickets to see Cinderella at the Palace Theater in Playhouse Square on Tuesday.  One of our Dinner Friends had tickets and she couldn't go and gave them to us.  Did I mention they were FREE??


I LOVE, LOVE going to the theater but don't get to go often.  Hippie's not much of a theater goer, ha!  It's been over 5 years since I've gone with son.

I was excited because... well... it was a fairy tale musical in a theater production.   Of course, I've seen the cartoon version, and years and years ago, I saw the TV version with Leslie Ann Warren.  I didn't know what to expect.  Of course no pictures were allowed.  However, I did get one picture before it started.

Some of the songs I remembered and some I didn't.  The tale was a little different than the original and it was much more funny.  The cast was wonderful.  I really have to make more of an effort to find someone who wants to do theater to go with me.  Although a few of the Dinner Friends have talked about going to see The Phantom of the Opera again because it will be coming back next year.  I've seen it 3 times I think.

There was a bar and we got some drinks.  I got a glass of Riesling and Magellan got a drink called The Glass Slipper.


When we first found our seats and were sitting down Magellan spilled her drink on me and herself.  Oy!  It wasn't too bad though, thank goodness.  Since we didn't have to pay for the tickets, we got valet parking which was much more civilized than having to walk to the parking lot, lol.

All in all, a very good night and a good July for doing some things! 

No comments: