The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday random thoughts

1.  The more I read the people doing Saturday Centus, the more I know I have a lot to learn.  There are some really good writers out there.  If you don't read it, please do.  You'll be amazed by them, as I am.  Join in it's a lot of fun.

2.  I'm glad I never got involved with Lost.  Seems like some people are happy and some are unhappy campers with the finale.  I guess the TV station in my area that showed it had problems with their equipment and people were complaining that some of it was unwatchable. They are supposed to be re-broadcasting it.

 
3.  It just makes me heartsick when I see those poor birds from the Gulf Coast with that black oil all over them. I can only imagine what it's doing to the fish below.  Now they are saying some of the people that are doing clean up are feeling ill.  If this isn't an advertisement for alternative energy I don't know what is.

 
4.  Tuesday was Dinner Friends.  We went to a restaurant that we had never gone to before.  I wasn't too thrilled because by the name of it, it sounded like it was primarily a seafood place yuck!!  I was pleasantly surprised they had a wide variety of foods.  I had a salad, Baked Penne Bolognese and my 2 glasses of White Zinfandel.  We ate on the patio which with the little breeze we had, it wasn't too hot.  It was pretty much a perfect Dinner Friends.

5.  When I came home, my husband was planting the last of the marigolds in the front.  They already have added a little bit of color.  Our rose bush has some buds that are getting ready to burst open in the next couple of days  ;-)

6.  We took the half of sheet cake to the nursing home for mom's birthday on Wednesday.  It was a big hit.  The residents kept telling me how good the chocolate cake was ;-)  I think it was a nice treat for them especially mom because she's a diabetic and normally isn't allowed stuff like that.  I guess they announced my mom's name over the intercom in the morning saying it was her birthday and they gave her a Happy Birthday balloon for her wheelchair . If you click on the picture on the right hand corner, you can see where Mom swiped some icing LOL. 



 7.  That's all I have this week.  I'll probably be doing Saturday Centus, so if I don't see you there have a good Holiday Weekend. 

6 comments:

Cathryn said...

I love your Friday's Thoughts--moving and inspiring. I agree--the oil leak in the gulf is a wonderful advertisement for alternative energy.

I want to see pictures of your flowers!

jenn said...

never watched lost either. i can understand how some people would be pissed at the ending. i loved alias, for example, and they way they wrapped that show up was pathetic and cheap. la femme nikita was pretty cool, too, and it got an ending quite similar to lost's, if i recall, in that it sort of negated everything that had happened.

you worry for the gulf now. imagine how ugly it would be if a hurricane comes through and spews all that oil on land...or the lightning hits it...all our ports would be shut down...all of our land would be covered with ugly indefinitely...

pray that that doesn't happen.

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

I watched Lost the first season and really enjoyed it. They lost me in season two. Oy.

Isn't it sweet that little celebrations at nursing homes brighten the days of so many? I'm glad you live close enough to do it for her, Viki. I'm happy she had a great day.

I am enjoying Saturday Centus too. In reality, I've never, ever written a story because I don't have the patience or the skill. This 100 word challenge is perfect for getting our feet wet. There ARE so many talented writers. I'm alway amazed!

Happy Memorial Day!!

Anonymous said...

Great picture of the family. Everyone looks great. Nice cake also. kl

Anonymous said...

Great family picture. Everyone looks great. Your mom has a pretty dress on.

lagata said...

Happy belated birthday to your Mom!