The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Monday, September 27, 2010

Pictures not taken

Behind the parking lot at the nursing home is a little pond.  By the side of it, there is a rock half inside the water and half out.  Several times, we've seen little turtles sunning themselves on it but whenever I tried to take a picture or even move onto the grass, they always jump into the pond. They must have good senses because I don't even get that close to them but somehow they know I'm coming, ha. 

Those pesky squirrels have really been doing a number on the sunflowers.  One day when we were pulling out of the driveway, there was a squirrel sitting on the top of the stalk eating the sunflower seeds like a king or queen.  It would have been a great photo.

I think I'm never going to be a good photographer, lol.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

A long lens makes all the difference. Of course, ya gotta carry the whole rig around all the time but that's a small price to pay for beauty of the wild things.

Wanda..... said...

That's what the grasshoppers do here...they seem to sense me coming.

My name is PJ. said...

Nature is often non-compliant. A zoom lens is the way to your happiness!