1. I hadn't bought new jeans in probably 6 years but it was time. I mentioned it to one of my friends about a month ago and kept putting it off but we finally went over the weekend. I was hoping I would be the same size and that my jeans had just shrunk so much from being old and washed 200 or so times. No such luck, I had to go up a size. I bought cheap jeans. I'm hoping I don't stay this size. I'm hoping the next time, I'm headed in the right direction. I think instead of hoping, I need to take action, ugh!
2. I think when the elections are over in November "enthusiastic" should be stricken from the English language.
3. I decided to sign Mom up for road trips at the nursing home. I don't know why I didn't do it sooner since we can't get her in the truck to take her anywhere. Tuesday, she told me some people went to a Columbus Day parade in a place we have in Cleveland called Little Italy. I talked to the receptionist and she said the residents that went were in the parade and just sat in the bus and threw candy out. Mom would have loved that. I signed her up to go in November to an apple orchard. She used to take us there when we were young. I think she'll love it. They usually have 2 or 3 outings a month. We'll see if she likes it and how it goes.
4. The rescue of the Chilean mine workers, wow!! I was glued to the TV.
5. I have an amazing video below this post. I was spellbound when I heard this guy on TV. Good for him. Hopefully, it will help some kid out there some day.
6. Happy 64th birthday, Hippie.