The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Thursday, October 28, 2010

A qoute

This is the last thing I'm going to do for breast cancer awareness month.  I saw this quote and thought it was such a telling quote on what it feels like to be going through cancer/treatments. 

"During chemo, you're more tired than you've ever been.  It's like a cloud passing over the sun, and suddenly you're out.  You don't know how you'll answer the door when your groceries are delivered.  But you also find that you're stronger than you've ever been.  You're clear.  Your mortality is at optimal distance, not up so close that it obscures everything else, but close enough to give you depth perception.  Previously, it has taken you weeks, months, or years to discover the meaning of an experience.  Now it's instantaneous".  ~Melissa Bank

3 comments:

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

Cancer claimed some of my loved ones.
Lord hear our prayer for a cure.

Wanda..... said...

The tiredness was the worse part of chemo for my husband.

Cheryl said...

Feeling a little melancholy this morning. My vacation is ending and while cancer is slowly claiming my brother's best friend's last breaths. That's a beautiful description of exactly how Don's been living his life for the past couple of years. Tired, fighting, knowing.