The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Friday, January 27, 2012

Down in the dumps

I've been ill with a bad cold for about a week and a half.  I'm finally starting to feel a little better. 

Besides I've been down in the dumps.  I think this cold, warm, snow, rain, dreary weather has just gotten to me.  My house is a wreck, heh.

Finally, the other day Mom is done with antibiotics.  She is cleared to get a roommate.  So, we'll see when that happens.  She seems to be starting to get back to normal.

Some of the blogs I've been reading are getting me down as well.  So much heartache; divorces, deaths, sickness.  It makes me just want to curl up and hide away.

Hopefully, now that my cold is almost gone I can start putting things into perspective.

Have a good weekend.  













4 comments:

BECKY said...

Hi Viki. I'm sorry you've been sick, but glad to hear you're feeling better. I just had to stop and comment today, too, because I'm also down in the dumps! Do you live in the Midwest? We've had a really mild winter so far here in the St. Louis area. And even when it's been cold, it's at least been sunny...most of the time. We've had a LOT of dreary, rainy, cloudy, cold-ish, windy, yuck days now, and I'm a SUNSHINE person! I don't even care if it's below zero outside. If it's sunny, I love it! I promise you my blog is not depressing! Please stop by and I'm sure you'll have a smile or chuckle! Hugs to you...

Anonymous said...

Glad your feeling better. This weather has been crazy....come on Spring. -mike

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

Sending well wishes. (((hugs)))Pat

Vicki/Jake said...

Get feeling better and try visiting the happier blogs!