The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

This is going to be an unusual Christmas Eve.

My sil has to work until 4:00 and they always went to her brother's house after doing Christmas Eve with us.  It would have been too much of hassle.  We decided to change it for this year at least and will do it on Christmas Day.  Who knows this might be our new thing, ha.

As the years go on, I find more and more "traditions" are falling by the wayside.  It's a good thing the older I'm getting the more flexible I'm getting  LOL.  Not that traditions aren't important but as time goes on sometimes things change and it is what it is.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas whenever you celebrate ;-)

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love how you've decorated the tree with vintage and newer style ornaments. The santa cowboy is a riot.

Have a wonderful holiday, Viki.

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Beautiful tree, Viki!

When my kids were little and my first marriage ended, I wrestled with what was to become a HUGE change in tradition. My mom told me to remain flexible and create my own new traditions...things that would remain the same for me regardless of who was present to celebrate and when they arrived.

I hope your Christmas is warm and wonderful!