The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Wednesday, February 27, 2013

It just keeps getting better

So, hippie and I are waiting at the foot doctor's office yesterday.  My appointment was at 4.  We got there early and there was no one in the office.  We're thinking this is good - we'll be in and out. Yay!!

I hear some chit chat in behind the glass about someone coming in for a courtesy appointment.

Two people come in and they go in before us.  I'm thinking they must have had appointments before me maybe they were just a little late.

 It was after 4, finally the receptionist asked me who I was waiting to see.

I said " the doctor."

She said "We thought you were having an  appointment with Michael ... the rep for the ultrasound." 

 I said "No, I already had that."

 Apparently, when I overheard them talking about the courtesy appointment it was for  me.  Darn!!

I don't know how but they screwed up who I was supposed to see that's why I wasn't called back.

Eventually, they came and got me and I got to see the doctor.  Thank goodness she hadn't left.

I've only been doing the ultrasound for about 9 days.  She couldn't see any improvement on the x-ray but she thinks it might be getting better because when she touched my toe it didn't hurt.  Whereas before, I would wince when she touched it.

I've got a couple of sores on my toes from the tape.  So for now, no more tape, I just have to wear the shoe and come back in 2 weeks.

Luckily, when I went in the morning to get my permanent crown put on it was a breeze.  So it wasn't a total screw up kind of day.



1 comment:

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

Broken toe and a crown...ouchie!
(((hugs)))