The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Saturday, February 23, 2013

Saturday Centus #148



The prompt this week is:   "Without you around, I sleep like a baby"

 Number of words:  108.   (including the five words of the prompt)

Style of writing: Any

Additional Pictures: Any

Check out other centus' at



Prompt is in pink.  Sorry the letters are so small.  Blogger is acting up. 

“That was a lot of tossing and turning last night, I take it your still angry.”


“Aren’t you perceptive” she hissed.  “Without you around, I sleep like a baby.


“Ouch…I know I messed up.”



“Yeah, you did.”



“I’m sorry.”



“You always say that.”



“I can’t help myself, baby.   When I go to these functions where your boss is, I just can’t be nice to him.  He treats you so poorly.”



“I know.  It’s stressful enough for me without you adding to it.”



“I can’t wait until you can quit.”



“Me either.  Can you just try to be nicer?”



“I’ll try” and they hugged.

7 comments:

Eden House News and views said...

Wonder how many times this has happened for real. Good use

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

Yes, I can see this whole scenario happening at someones house.

Unknown said...


Plausible dialogue - good work.

LLM Calling said...

great scenario

Judie said...

Rod always kept me away from his boss because I take no prisoners!!

Bo said...

How hard it must be to be nice to someone that treats someone you love so badly.

Jenny said...

Wow.

I think I've had this conversation before!

Usually I'm telling my husband to be nice, though!

ha!

Cute use of the prompt.