The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Monday, May 27, 2013

Random thoughts

1.  I put the air conditioning on last week for a couple of days.  Then turned the heat back on when it went into the 30's - 40's during the night later in the week.  In a few more days looks like it will be back to the air conditioning.  Ohio weather - you gotta love it. 

2.  Every night before I go to sleep I make a mental list of all I want to get done the next day.  Then I don't do it, ha!

3.  Sunday was Mom's birthday.  She turned 86.  We took a cake for her and the residents.

4. Here are the flowers on the patio I wanted to post last week but couldn't.  This week they posted.  Go figure!!


5.  I remember when I was young my mom always buying the poppy from the veteran's for Memorial Day or Decoration Day as she likes to call it.  I haven't seen them for a while but I knew they still existed.  Over the weekend we had to stop by the grocery store and sure enough there was a vet outside with the poppies.  We bought one.  Remember those that died serving our country and hoping that fewer die in the future.  Have a good Memorial Day!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I love those old vets and their poppies. It's curious to me that the younger vets don't seem be out there selling them. Maybe they just don't know what they mean, which is really a shame.