The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Monday, May 6, 2013

Viva Las Vegas

We went to Las Vegas last week to visit our son and his girlfriend.  This time we weren't sick.  Yes...

However, before we got there they had to take their car in to get repaired and it didn't get finished until after we left, ha!!   Good thing we brought extra money.  It was a little bit more then they could afford. 

We were only planning on going to a couple of restaurants that we like anyhow.  We missed going to Battista's Hole in the Wall which I love, love.  Then there's the Firefly that we always go to.  Unfortunately, even if the car was available, it got closed down the Friday before we got there because 39 or so people got food poisoning, yikes!!  Thank goodness it wasn't us... 

We stay at The Orleans because its close to where our son lives so he and girlfriend could walk up there.  Luckily, they have tons of places to eat, plus a place called the Chocolate Factory which I took full advantage of. 

We got there late Monday and left early Friday morning.  I gambled a whole lot and only lost $72 which I thought was rather successful, lol.

It could have been a more expensive trip.  On the last night, I left my cell phone on the video poker machine and went up to our room.  When I got up there, I realized I left it and hippie had come up for something.  He went back down and lucky for me, it was still at the machine, whew!!

The first day we got there it was 99 degrees, it broke the record for the day.  This week they are supposed to get back to more seasonable weather.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good time. Glad you guys had fun!! -mike