The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Monday, June 4, 2012

Turkey

I thought I saw just about everything in our yard up until today.

I was going to look out the patio and saw a HUGE bird whiz by the windows running out the opened gate.

 I told hippie and we ran to the front window and it was a turkey, LOL.  It ran across the street in the peoples backyard.

I went to the patio and the lady next door and the neighbor behind her were outside.  Apparently, the lady next door saw the turkey in her yard and yelled.  The turkey flew over the fence to our yard and high tailed it out. 

I live pretty close to a few woodsy areas.  I didn't even know we had wild turkeys around here.  Unless it's someone's pet, who knows.

2 comments:

Ames said...

My husband pointed out a wild turkey across the pond in our neighborhood. He wasn't white and he was skinny so I questioned him about it not lookinbg like a Turkey but it was. A very strange thing to see in the city. Run Tom run!~Ames

Unknown said...

My friend lives out in the country and see all kinds of critters at her place. I think it is cool. I just have dogs, cats, birds, squirrels, and the occasional skunk which can stay far far away. lol