The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The balloon bouquet

On Friday, when we were sitting in the lounge area with Mom I noticed they seemed to be starting to pass out the balloon bouquets,  I thought they were getting them on Valentine's Day.  We waited for a while and then it was time to go because Mom was going to eat lunch.  We said our goodbyes.

Before we left, in the hallway the ladies were selling Valentine Day cards and I stopped to buy a couple.  As I was paying, my husband noticed that Mom was getting her balloon bouquet.  We went back in to see if Mom liked it and she did.  The girl put them in her room but we didn't go to see where she put them.   

When we went on Sunday, I was going to take a picture.  The mylar balloon was still standing tall but the three regular balloons were not.  Also, they were on the roommates dresser and not on Mom's.  Mom said that the girl had put the balloons on Mom's dresser with the TV and when the regular balloons started losing air the roommate told Mom she couldn't see the TV.  She then moved them to her dresser.  Mom didn't seem to mind.

We noticed about a week and a half ago, the tanks coming to the nursing home for the balloons.  I think they just inflated them too soon.  I decided on Monday when we went to take a picture of them anyhow.

 

I'm sure they looked great when all the balloons were flying in the air.  I don't know what happened to the little pink paper that was on them that was supposed to say,  "Happy Valentines Day.  We Love You"  with our names either.  You can see Mom's TV and dresser where they are supposed to be.

2 comments:

tattytiara said...

I'm not sure, but I think maybe the temperature of the room the balloons are kept in and ages of the balloons before they're inflated could play a role in how long they stay inflated.

Cathryn said...

It's still thoughtful and wonderful for you to celebrate with your mother this way! Nicely done!