The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Friday, February 5, 2010

Random thoughts - list

 1.  Yesterday Corky went to get groomed.  The groomer called with a special deal and he hadn't had a bath in a while.  So he's fresh as a daisy now.

2. This weekend we don't have any big plans.  We will watch the Superbowl but I don't really have a favorite team.  I'll probably put something in the crock pot to eat.

3. Magellan (my friend) wants to go see the movie Dear John and asked me if I'd like to go.  I'm not sure if it will be over the weekend.  Gosh, it must be a few years since I went to an actual movie theater.  I can't even remember what I saw LOL.  I can only imagine how much the candy costs now.

4. Dinner friends is next week.  For some reason we didn't go last month.  I'm really looking forward to going and catching up with everyone. It's been too long. 

5. My cleaning schedule has been going so-so.  Monday through Thursday I stay on schedule (oh yeah) but on Fridays  I'm supposed to work in the kitchen and I just haven't been able to do it. I think I need to tweak the schedule so I do the kitchen on a day when I'm home all day.  Once I get a good day in, then it will just be a matter of keeping up.

6. This week has really not been a good week.  I think part of it's the weather (no sun); mom's had a couple of issues (not health wise); still no movement on selling her house although we have a couple of potential buyers some issues still have to be resolved; and this month I go to the oncologist for my 6 month check up (I always start getting anxious when it's time to go).  Hopefully, my mood will be improving sooner than later. 

7. My son's birthday will be coming up in February. 28 Wow!!

8.  At the nursing home for Valentine's Day, they had for $5 you could buy a balloon bouquet for the residents.  We bought one for mom.  I'm sure she's going to love it when she gets it on Valentine's Day.

9. Sometimes I wonder about myself.  I barely got done with my C post for Alphabe-Thursday and I was already trying to figure out what to do for D.  In fact, I wrote the whole alphabet out and am trying to come up with things for other letters.  Does that seem a little compulsive to anyone but me LOL?

10.  Hope you all have a good weekend.

5 comments:

Rita said...

Thank you for stopping by!Love that title Random Thoughts; often have that but never wrote about it; clever!

Cathryn said...

The planning on the other letters tells me you like to think ahead. Nothing compulsive about that--that's preparation, baby! :D

Not watching the Super Bowl--I gave that up with my other life. :D

Enjoy your weekend!

Wanda..... said...

I have plans to stay in and watch it snow, we may get 8 inches.
Enjoy your weekend!

~~Rhonda said...

Viki, enjoy the weekend. Sometimes it's a good thing not to have a lot scheduled. We're celebrating DD's birthday tomorrow. She'll be 12. Her brother's are 30 and 28, so I understand how you feel about the age your son is approaching. Our other daughters are 22 and 25. That's hard to believe, too! ~~Rhonda

gretchen said...

Doesn't sound compulsive to me at all! I'd probably plan the whole alphabet out 26 weeks ahead!