The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Friday, April 5, 2013

Mary #55

This is a continuing story.  If you want to read from the beginning, please go to my side bar to the labels and click on story-Mary or click here.

(FYI...I'm probably only going to post about 6 more chapters on the Mary story.  You  get a hint from this chapter, that it is going to get more risque.  I never thought when I started, there was going to be romance involved.  Nobody is more surprised then I am, ha...  I really wouldn't feel comfortable putting it on my blog)



55



Mary could feel herself tremble in his arms.  She wanted him and she could tell he wanted her as well. 



Suddenly, he said “Mary we have to stop.”


“Why?”

“We’ve got to take this slow.  This is the first time I’ve had feelings for anyone since Rachel.  This is all so new to me.”

“I understand Eli.”

“It’s not that I wouldn’t want to make love to you right here, right now, but I think it would be better if we waited.  Does that sound old fashioned?”

“I love old fashioned.  That doesn’t mean that we can’t still kiss.”

“No, there can be a lot of kissing” and he reached for her and their lips met again.

They kissed until they both realized if they wanted to wait they would have to stop kissing for now.

Mary said “You want your coffee now?”

“That or some cold water” and she handed him the coffee cup and gave him a playful hit on the arm and they laughed.

They sat at the table and she said “I talked to my friend in New York.  She’s going to help me get rid of my furniture.  I’m going to go down and pack up my stuff sometime after Thanksgiving and before Christmas.”

“I could go with you if you want.  We could take my truck.”

“You must be a mind reader; I was going to ask if you wanted to come.  I’m not exactly sure when though.  Sadie will be coming for Thanksgiving and then Elizabeth will be having her chemo the week after that.”

“Usually, the second week after treatment from what I remember from my mother-in-law she was starting to feel better.  That might be a good time.”

“I’ll talk to Elizabeth and see what she thinks.”

“Speaking of Elizabeth does she know that you and I kissed before?  I got the feeling she did.”

“Yes, in fact after you left I told her she was being too obvious.  I hope you don’t mind.”

“No, at least I’ll know now when she says something she knows” and he laughed.  “I better get working on the furnace it’s going to take a while.”  He gave Mary a quick kiss and then went down the basement. 

Mary grabbed another cup of coffee and thought she would go see if it was warm enough to sit on the front porch.  Before she went down she yelled down to Eli that if he needed anything she would be outside. 

When she went out, it was gorgeous outside.  She could see that stray cat was back playing with Lulu.  “Hey Lulu, get out of the flowers.”  Lulu slowly came out and the other cat followed.    

Mary thought about what Eli said about taking it slow.  She believed that was probably a good and safe idea.  She thought anything good is worth waiting for.  She was positive Eli was good and she laughed to herself.  She almost felt giddy. 

She looked out at the road and saw Donna’s car pulling down the driveway.  Donna stopped in front of the porch.  Elizabeth got out and she waved goodbye and Donna left. 

Elizabeth came on the porch and said “Isn’t it a gorgeous day today?”

“Just beautiful, there won’t be too many days left like this.  How was your make-up class?”

“Fantastic.  How do I look?  You look fine.  It doesn’t even look like you’re wearing make-up.”

“That’s the whole idea.  I learned all kinds of things to brighten up my face.  If I lose my eyebrows they showed me how to pencil them in.”

“That’s great.  You’ll be able to show me some things.”

“You’re the kind of person that could just where a little lip gloss and you look beautiful.”

“Well, thank you very much.”

“No Mary, I mean it.  You have to learn to take a compliment girl.”

“Okay, okay, how many people were there?”

“There were only two of us.  The other woman was older than me.  Donna just dropped me off and ran some errands in the square.  Didn’t you think Donna was kind of mean to you?  I was surprised.”

“Yeah, I was kind of angry but she is my brother’s wife. I will have to figure out how to get on her good side.”

“Well, I told her about all the things you’ve done for me since you’ve been back.  So I softened her up for you” and we laughed. 

“Oh something else I wanted to tell you.  I had a lot of time to talk to Frances.  Turns out she is a very good quilter.  She even taught classes.  I mentioned to her about the inn and she said if we needed help with quilting she could help.”

“That would be good.”

“I think I might go lay down for a bit.  Donna and I stopped and had a pastry.  Is Eli still here?”

“Yes, he’s down in the basement fixing the furnace still.”

“Tell him I said hi.  Hopefully, I’ll be up before he leaves” and she went in the house.

 

No comments: