The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Saturday, April 27, 2013

Saturday Centus #157



The prompt this week:   "Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat"

Number of words:  109 total (including the nine words of the prompt)
Style of writing: Any
Additional Pictures: Any

Prompt is in pink

To view other centus's click here 









"Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat” Tracy said.  “That’s the last thing I remember before I got sick.”

“How do you feel now?”

“Queasy.”

“Uh oh…”

“I’m 50; our last child is in college for heaven’s sake.”

“What does that have to do with anything?”

“Nothing, we’re leaving for our cruise tomorrow. This will be the first time Todd and I have done something just for us in years.”

“I’m sorry.”

“I have to wrap my mind around this before I rock Todd’s world too.”

“You’ll tell him when you get back?”

“Yeah sometime Stacy, but until then I prefer living on Fantasy Island.”

 

7 comments:

Kris said...

Wow,that was so creative... Nicely done !!! :)

Ames said...

Oh m. She is going to rock his world.~Ames

Tgoette said...

LOL! What a clever take on this prompt! Great job, Viki!

Amrit Sinha said...

I loved it ... nice story !!!

Pam Beers. said...

I like it, I like it! So, is she pregnant?

noexcuses said...

Very clever! I would die if I were 50 and pg! It was bad enough at 40! Loved your story!

Jenny said...

Wow.

You are getting more clever by the week!

This was wonderful!

And such a shock for everyone!