The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Monday, March 29, 2010

Woe is me

What a not so good Friday.

Before I went to the dentist, I almost burned the house down.  When we got home from seeing Mom, I decided I better eat something before I went because my mouth might be numb.  I put some bread in the toaster, got on the phone to talk in another room and completely forgot I had put it in.  All of a sudden the smoke detector started going off.  At first I thought maybe the battery was going dead.  Then I could see smoke and my husband went in the kitchen and the toast hadn't popped up.  He couldn't get it to pop up and finally pulled the plug.  OMG, our whole house was filled with smoke.  Needless to say, the bread was totally black.  I had to open all the doors and windows and run a fan.  We're going to have throw it out.

Then came the dentist.  Sure enough I needed to get the tooth pulled.  UGH!!  He gives me three shots of novacaine and tells me "you will feel some pressure".  Heck, I felt a lot more than pressure but I just martyred through because I didn't want more novacaine.  Then they asked if I wanted an implant or bridge.  He had never mentioned an implant before.  It just sounded nasty so I went with the bridge.  I'll have to make an appointment for that when I'm healed.

Then as I was laying on the bed resting and icing my face, I got to watch The Ohio State lose their basketball game.  Oh well, at least I won't have to worry if they get to the final two.

5 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

Dentist sucks, almost burning down the house worse.....I'll take the bridge! Have a happy Monday!

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Oh Viki - What a terrible tale! That smoky smell is dastardly to get rid of!!


The Source nearly burned our kitchen down last Thursday by putting eggs on to hard boil and then going outdoors to do yard work.

I'd never known that when the water boils away and the pan bottom gets black, the eggs literally explode - all.over.the.kitchen.

We had the dastardly smoke thing too. I'm totally sympathetic.

As for the tooth pulling thing? I would require an anesthesiologist and an oral surgeon. No joke. You're brave.

Beth Zimmerman said...

Now that sounds like one really bad day! Though I did wonder what had to be thrown away ... bread, toaster, fan or whole house? :) I hate the dentist and have been know to put it off for obscene lengths of time! Course I have to have valium just to get them cleaned. (Yep Class A Certified WIMP!) Hope today is a much better day!

lagata said...

:o( So sorry to hear of your "woes"

I hope this week brings you happier things!

gretchen said...

Ugh. Sorry. Dental issues are the worst!