The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday random thoughts

1. I decided I'm taking a blogging break.   I'm struggling more and more to come up with stuff to write.  It's been a pretty uneventful summer overall (which is good for me) but not so much for blogging.

2.  I've become obsessed with Mary from Saturday Centus.  I think I might need an intervention, ha.  After last Saturday's Centus I've written 9 or so pages about Mary and her life and there's more in my head.  Obviously, I can't use her anymore for Centus.  I would have enough words right now for over a year, ha. I hope no one will be upset that I'm ending her on Centus.  In fact, I probably got obsessed with her because I got so many nice compliments about her.

3. I will probably still do Centus minus Mary, and finish up Alphabe-Thursday next week.  Like I usually say if anything earth shattering happens I'll post it or if I take any blog worthy pictures.

4. I'm way behind in reading blogs.  I've got more than over 400 posts in my google reader. Ugh!   Even though I won't be posting regularly, I'll still be reading and commenting.

In other not so whining random thoughts:

5.  We'll be eating our first cucumber pretty soon it's almost ready.  Can't wait.

6.  There's something so wrong about the fact that Ringo Starr turned 70 on Wednesday.  I don't know about him but it makes me want to sing "Help". 

7.  Since I'm going to take a break, I think I'm finally going to bite the bullet and get a new computer.  Who knows if I do, how long it will take me to figure out how to work it, ha.

8.  I have a lot of other things I want to catch up with around here too.

9.  After "witnessing" the spectacle that was "the decision"  from "the chosen one" or "King James", I do have a few things to say but not for a while.  Eventually I will "rise up" and post it. 

10.  See ya' later. 

6 comments:

LemonyRenee' said...

Aw, Viki, I hope your break is not too long. I can understand it, though. Summer seems like a slow time for blogging. I need traffic and contact with readers to get my juices really flowing and it's been kind of quiet. So have a good break, but then get right back here.

Cathryn said...

I hope your break isn't too long but it's completely understandable.

Are you going to write about Mary and post chapters on the blog? That would keep us all informed about her progress. Pioneer Woman did that and it was a great way to read her story. I'm still going to buy her novel when it's published.

Jo said...

Well, I get the whole needing a break thing ... but i hope it isn't for too long ... enjoy your summer, and enjoy that cucumber when it is ready!

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

Enjoy your summer Viki. ;0)
Some others are finding that they also need to take a break, so don't feel badly.
Til then.......stay safe & well.
(((Hugs)))

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Enjoy your break, Viki! We'll be here when you come back!

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

Hey Viki,

Don't stay away too long! Why don't you join me in November and post some chapters about Mary for National Novel Writing Month?

I will if you will!!!