The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Saturday, July 3, 2010

Saturday Centus #9

Today is Saturday Centus which we are given a prompt and then have to write 100 words relating to the prompt.  It's from Jenny Matlock's blog. My prompt is in bold.   We have all week to write it from Saturday to Saturday.  Then post a link on her blog.  Go over and read them there are some fantastic writers over there and creative ways people are going about the prompts each week.  Check it out.  Click here Saturday Centus

For a  few weeks I have been writing about the same character named Mary.  I don't know what travails Mary has been through but I'm trying to figure it out.  If you want to catch up go here


Part 1 
Part 2
Part 3

Week 9

Mary only got as far as the living room when she fell to her knees and started weeping.

With a heavy heart, Johnny knew Mary blamed herself for their parents deaths.  If only she would have traveled this past Christmas home instead of their parents traveling to see her.  If only that truck driver hadn't fallen asleep.

"Are you sure that's the one you want?"



I felt a little lump in my throat as I peered down at my choice, held tightly in my hand. I didn't think this would be so nerve-wracking. Was I making the wrong decision? I couldn't agonize over this any longer.




I took a deep breath before managing to say, "... Yes, it is."


 
When I got back, I could still hear Mary crying and thought, baby sister, why don't you want anyone to know your here.  I don't understand.

I put the guardian angel on the rocker on the front porch and left.

15 comments:

Cathryn said...

Ok--I'm past intrigued and have moved all the way up to "I WANNA READ THIS STORY FROM BEGINNING TO END!" I'm trying hard not to do the "Are you going to finish this so we--your loyal readers can hold the book in our hands" type of questions--but Vicki--It's hard to wait for Saturdays to roll around! LOL

CM said...

Interesting take on the prompts. I bet it's challenging to weave them into one constant story!

Susan Anderson said...

I'm with Cathryn. The suspense is killing me!

(And I love it...)

=)

PS. If you decide to head over and read my Centus, you'll need to scroll down past my 4th of July post to see it. I'm doing double duty today.

Tracy said...

Brilliant I have managed 9 weeks on mine I am not sure how long I will be able to keep it going Happy 4th July

jeff campbell said...

The suspense is killing me:-) Nice job...Peace

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

Wow..it's getting more interesting, Viki!

Vicki/Jake said...

YEP.....

Tgoette said...

Well done! Kudos for keeping the storyline going!

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

I don't know how you keep building on the story! Hard work!! Great results!! I love the last line!

Terra said...

you are doing amazing with this! Soon youll have to do a post with them all blended making it easy to read them all in a row!

Betty said...

You've got me wondering what's in store for Mary next week.

Cheryl said...

I'm enjoying this journey so much I can hardly stand it! You keep stretching the boundaries further and further each week.

Kat said...

I'm so impressed that you have been able to continue this story from week to week. I'm intrigued as to where it will take us next! Great job! Kat

Jenny said...

Having read more of this story I realize how amazing it is that you have continued this saga through the prompts!

As always it is intriquing and curiousity invoking.

Thank you for linking.

Life@Cee said...

You've got me curious. Now I'll have to go read the other chapters.
Cee