The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Saturday, July 17, 2010

Saturday Centus #11

This is the weekly Saturday Centus at Jenny Matlock's.  There's a prompt and then we have to come up with 100 words or less not counting the prompt. The prompt has to be left intact but can be put anywhere in the writing. It's from Saturday to Saturday so there's a lot of time to think up your 100 words or less, so I hope besides reading you will participate.  It's a whole lot of fun. Check it out here. http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2010/07/saturday-centus-week-11.html



The prompt is in bold.




Somewhere over the rainbow...  sing it Judy, Glinda thought, as she heard the rain and wind howling outside.

From the time she was a little girl she couldn't resist watching The Wizard of Oz whenever it came on.  Just when her favorite part where it turns to color comes, everything in her home went black.  

Laying on the sofa, she could see in her mind Dorothy, the scarecrow, tin man and the lion skipping  and she started singing loudly,  "Follow the yellow brick road" as her little dog barked.  "Okay, I get it, I'm no Judy Garland but your no Toto" and she laughed. 

15 comments:

Kat said...

This was a fun one, it brought back so many fond memories. I remember waiting every year for the annual showing of The Wizard of Oz on television. We made it a big event in our house, and I still love that movie. Although the apples trees and flying monkeys give me the creeps :) Kat

Bookie said...

Love your putting the dog in! My mother saw this movie as a child and we watched it together when I was a child (its first time on TV I think) and she read me the book as well. This story is "part" of me...isn't amazing this simple tale captured such depth of meaning and connects to so many!

Tracy said...

Love this film but did not enjoy return to OZ

jfb57 said...

Love the talking dog!!That's my favourite part -when it goes from B/W to colour!

Susan Anderson said...

I used to disappear into this movie also. Loved your use of the dog.

=)

Cheryl said...

This was sweet. I got a little nervous when it got dark in the house. I thought you were going to twist it.

jeff campbell said...

This is quite good ;-) very creative, especially with the dog, and the remarks about the change to color...I too am drawn in every time it comes on...Peace and blessings

Tina said...

I really liked this, Viki. You set a mood, and then added humor. Well done!

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

I enjoyed this, Viki! Refreshing.

Tgoette said...

LOL! I loved this! What an ingenious take on this weeks prompt! Just brilliant, Viki!

cj Schlottman said...

I am not among the legions of annual "Wizard of Oz" watchers, but I do enjoy it every now and then. Your use of the dog was brilliant, and your do put words together in a very readable way. Bravo!

..........cj

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

have fun on your prompt!
Happy Sunday!

Malisa said...

Who needs television when you have such vivid descriptions and memories? Very nice job!

I just posted my contribution for the week. Hope you join me at my blog!

Malisa

Tina said...

lol u have to sing the movie songs dont u even if you cant sing!

Im a little late posting from last week. Hope you can still stop by. Thanks :)

http://www.mummy-diaries.com/2010/07/saturday-centus-chasing-rainbows.html

Jenny said...

Cute, cute, cute interpretation of this prompt!

I like your creative twist on this Viki.

Thanks for linking.