The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Saturday, July 24, 2010

Saturday Centus #12

It's Saturday Centus again - in a nutshell, Jenny Matlock gives us a prompt from either herself or a guest submitter and then we have to write 100 or words less related to the prompt (the prompt doesn't count toward the 100 words)  Then link it up to her blog.  It's open until the following Saturday, so that means you have all week to participate by either reading or writing a Centus.  http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/search/label/Saturday%20Centus



The prompt is in bold. 

Driving six hours is a long time on the road. Six hours spent singing car-aoke and taking in the picturesque scenery, but mostly reminiscing about the good times. But those days were long gone and my mind was in a different place now. Or was it? My pulse quickened as I passed the road sign which read "Medford 27 miles." 

"Are we there yet" my son said for the millionth time".  " Not much longer and we'll be at your grandparents".  Then I'll be free and can visit some friends while they spoil you rotten, I thought.

We barely were in the driveway and they came running to get him and said, "Julie called and she's waiting on you at Monster's.  Go, have fun ". 

As I pulled into the parking lot, I could see Julie and other friends. As I started walking towards them I could hear the music and started dancing and yelled "Let's get this party started".



***
I wasn't real happy with my writing this time but I think that's part of the learning process.  lol


17 comments:

Terra said...

Oh, but I liked the story path! This was a long prompt to work with! I could totally see more of this story in the works so I liked what you wrote!

cj Scjlottman said...

Nonsense! This is good. You took me down an imaginary road and let me wanting more.

Thanks..........cj

Bookie said...

Interesting. Wish I new how that party was going to go!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

smart one!

jeff campbell said...

Viki...I like your 'slice of life'...well written...and not all writing has to be 'out there'...mine this week would confirm that notion...Peace and blessings...

Cheryl said...

I liked this tons. I love a happy ending. Yes, I'm an incurable romantic.

jfb57 said...

It is a complete piece & has a good beat to it! I liked it!

Unknown said...

I wasn't happy about mine either. I blame it on the story length prompt! You did a great job with it, though!

Malisa said...

Don't be unhappy! Your story was totally realistic! Been there...done that! :) I truly enjoyed it! I just want to know what happened next!

Malisa

Vicki/Jake said...

BLAH to you for thinking that way! Everyone has a story...you did great.

You made me want to go find some old friends and rock on :)

Tgoette said...

Viki, you did a great job with the prompt this week! You tied it into the story nicely and created a very solid and refreshing story. Very well done!

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

You did a good job, Viki! How many times will I comment this week that the prompt was something less than stellar? Who knows, but you put a spin on it that I wasn't expecting.

Kat said...

I think you did a great job with the prompt. I can feel the expectation as she pulls into that lot! Kat

Life@Cee said...

Vicki, your post captures one of the greatest needs of parents - to be away from their children for a little while to party with their friends.
Cee

Tina said...

Very real. I could use a night out with girlfriends right about now...

easternsparkle said...

I agree with the other comments - this was very real, well done!

Jenny said...

This was a hard prompt for me, too. It was almost the story and we wrote the sequel to it.

I think you did great. A different use of it...I really enjoy reading how everyone is inspired in a different way the same set of words!