The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hippie

 I think I'm back, at least for now ;-)

I decided to use my husband's nickname from now on that he got from work, it's hippie.  I really don't like saying husband all the time.

I think I might have mentioned when he first started his job, he was drafted into the Army and went to Vietnam.  When he did his time in the army,  his company held his job for him.  Now, I know there are a lot of people that don't like unions and bailed out companies but he worked for GM and was a skilled UAW worker.  I'm also very proud of the fact that my husband worked for GM for 43 years.  Now that we got that out of the way...

Most people that worked there had nicknames.  In fact, most of the people there that was the only name he knew them by.  Sometimes he would come home and talk about someone and I wondered how the heck they got that nickname lol.

When he first got the nickname, his hair wasn't very long but that's what they called him.  Little did they know he would take it to heart.

When I first met my husband, he had hair a little above his shoulders, a mustache and long sideburns. One time when he got a trim, my Mom told him he looked like Prince Valiant, ha.   After that he grew it longer until it went in a ponytail and stopped shaving completely.  Once when our son was little, he cut his hair and gave it to Locks for Love.  He kept it short for about a year and then grew it long again. 

Until this day, I've never seen my husbands whole face and besides that one time, he had his hair short for that year, he's always looked like a hippie lol.

So, when you see the word hippie you'll know who I'm talking about. 

2 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

Hippies are cool Viki...I dig it!

Cheryl said...

I'll always be a hippie at heart. Some of us just love the freedom that word evokes. Rock on Hippie Husband!