The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Friday, July 30, 2010

Friday random thoughts

1.  Is anyone watching Big Brother, the Reality Show?  I am half heartedly watching it this year but I don't know if I'll make it through the whole thing.  These people aren't thrilling me much.
 
2.  Corky got groomed last week.  His skin has gotten so much better since I've been giving him vitamins. No  more dandruff.  They did brush his teeth and he's got a lot of tartar.  We're thinking about buying a thing to put on your finger and maybe try to brush his teeth Yuck!! 
 
3.  On Wordless Wednesday, I bought that in a catalog years ago.   I have it  on top of my clothes dryer.  It holds coins when you empty pockets before throwing pants in the washing machine.  You see the slit in the top.
 
4.  Wednesday was Dinner Friends.  The birthday girl turned 65.  We went to a fun place.  It was a micro brewery.  If you want you can make an appointment to make beer and then come up with a label for it.  I had a pulled pork sandwich, salad and one glass of wine (I don't care for beer).  For some reason,  I was clumsy.  My salad dressing was on the side and I don't know how but it spilled all over my capri's, table and the floor.  It was a balsamic vinaigrette so I had to run to the bathroom to try to clean it off.  I think it will be okay but I'll have to wait until I wash my capri's.  Also, I spilled a glass of water on the table.  I wasn't drunk, I didn't even have the whole glass of wine yet, ha. 
 
5. Last month the place the Dinner Friends went to eat was a place that my friend (matron of honor) and I had been to months ago.  I didn't realize it though until we got to the restaurant.  Then the brewery that we just ate at was two doors down from a bakery outlet that her and I had gone to before we went to that restaurant on that same day.  I haven't spoken to her for a while.  I wonder if this is a sign that I need to get in touch with her or if it's just a coincidence.  hmm
 
6.  Yesterday was my annual gynecological exam. Fun times!! I had to laugh when the girl took me to the room, we were both talking about how much we hate these visits ;-).   Then I had to fess up to the doc that I haven't been taking my Fosamax regularly.  It was time for my bone density test as well, so I had it done while I was there.  Luckily, I added a small amount of bone to one hip and lost a small amount in the other. Next thing is to go for my mammogram which is always a little nerve wracking.
 
7.  I got some bad-good news when I got home.  My son is done with doing the Census which isn't good - because no job again but is good - because it looks like he'll be home for the family picnic.  I will be so HAPPY to see him since we haven't seen him since January.  
 
8.  I don't know about everyone else but I'm ready for fall.  It's just been too hot this summer ;-)
 

1 comment:

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

I'm ready for fall too, Viki.


I groom my own dogs. One got the works yesterday.


Have I mentioned I'm ready for fall?