The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday random thoughts - Mom + 1

1.  Mom went back to the nursing home on yesterday.  She didn't seem confused this time when she got back.  I'll see how she is when I see her today.

2.  She had a bad infection in her leg.  They gave her two different kinds of antibiotics. It's looking much better.  She will finish up there. The swelling went down as well.

3.  She was like a queen at the hospital ;0).  Most of the time she sat with her feet elevated in a recliner with pillows behind her back.

4.  Luckily, this time we met her right when the ambulance came to bring her back.  Thank goodness she wasn't late this time.

5.  Again, she was between lunch.  They were just finishing up at the nursing home but she got lunch probably in 5 minutes.

6.  All the nurses and the aides were happy to see her.  She said she was glad to be back too.  I'm so happy that she likes it there.

7.  This has been a busy last couple of weeks.  I finally sold mom's home and the owner took possession last Friday.

8.  I've still got things to send to Medicaid and figure other stuff out but I see the light at the end of the tunnel as far as the house is concerned.

9.  Not about Mom - Boy, some of the people on Survivor are dumb as rocks. 

10.  Have a good weekend everyone.

5 comments:

Steph said...

Sounds like you have a lot going on, but your Mom is doing well in the midst of it. Hope you get everything worked through soon.

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

Best wishes to your mum.

lagata said...

Glad things are going well with your Mum, hope her infection clears up quickly.

Hope you get some rest soon too :o)

Debbiedoos said...

Your Mom sounds like she is loved everywhere!~ Hope she has a swift recovery....I can't believe you never made it to Disney!~ Have a great weekend:)

mrs. c said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I hope that if you do not have a good photo editing program you might want to try Picasa. It is really easy to use. Hope your mama had a good weekend, Sunday's were the day that I would travel 4 hours to see my mom. I do not regret one trip, you are such a good daughter!