The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Friday, April 30, 2010

Merry-go-round

Sometimes I just feel like I'm going around and around on a merry-go-round with mom.  She's back in the hospital again.

When I was there on Monday, I noticed mom's leg was looking a little red again especially where she had the lump on her leg before she went into the hospital 2 1/2 weeks ago.  Wednesday when I went to see her the nurse told me she thought the lump wasn't getting better and that she had put a call into the doctor because she felt it was getting worse.  She finally heard from the doctor yesterday and he had them do another ultrasound.  This time it showed she had dvt (blood clot) in her thigh.  So off to the hospital she went.

She was going late so I went to my dinner friends and then went to the hospital.  Mom was a little more confused this time.  I talked to the nurse and she said they are going to give her heparin shots and then do another ultrasound today. I'm just hoping they can get this under control.

This just gets so frustrating.  Some times I can barely stand it. 

3 comments:

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

Oh Viki, hang in there, and pray!

It's frustrating to be on the merry go around. I'm on one so I know how this feel, but in your situation with mom, it's definitely hair-pulling time! Not that you should do that, :-) but know that I'm with you in prayer!

lagata said...

I'm sorry your Mom is back on the roller coaster - it is nice that she has you to ride with her. Sending good thoughts your way.

Blessings

Unknown said...

I am so sorry Vicki.......I hope your mom gets better soon!