The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Old Time Dentist

When I went to the dentist when I was young, if I had a filling done  I never got novocaine.  I just had to grin and bear it.  I never knew about novocaine until I was an adult.  When you had to have something more serious done you got "laughing gas".  

There was a grocery store across the street.  One time I went into the dentist and mom went to the store.  I was supposed to meet her in the car when I was done.  I don't remember what he did but I needed "laughing gas".  

When I was done, I walked across the street to the car.  At that time, you never had to lock your cars doors.  I opened the door and laid on the back seat because I was woozy.  As I was waiting for Mom to come out of the store,  all of a sudden I noticed that the car seats had different material on them.  I got up and realized I was in the wrong car LOL.


I was so grateful that the person that belonged to the car didn't come before I got out.  How embarrassing would that have been ;-)

4 comments:

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

I cracked up, Viki! This is so incredibly like me....only I'm old and not using laughing gas!

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

omg! You coulda gotten yourself kidnapped.

Unknown said...

LOL!

Lourie said...

I just went to the dentist earlier this week. I had 4 cavities filled and or refilled. I thank the Lord above for the person that made Novocaine. I would have to be knocked out otherwise!

You were very lucky indeed.