The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Monday, April 19, 2010

A whopper

When I was in high school, I started dating this boy from another high school.  We weren't actually boyfriend and girlfriend.

There was going to be a ball (I don't know why it was called a ball except that you had to wear long dresses).  I really wanted to go with this boy from my school but he didn't ask me.  I eventually asked this boy I dated and he said yes.

About a week and a half before the ball or so, the boy from school asked me and I said yes.  Then I had to figure out what to tell the other boy.  Oh, I made up this big story about how I didn't know but only kids from my high school could go.

Then a few days later, the boy I was supposed to go with canceled on me and I had no date again.  I was in a dilemma a dress and no date.  I'm ashamed to admit this but I called the boy I originally asked and told him I misunderstood and I could invite someone from another school.

He never did find out.  All these years later, I still feel terrible and have guilt feelings over the whole thing.  So, Tim I doubt you'll ever read this but I'm sorry.

2 comments:

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

You conniving something-something! I would NEVER do something like that (wink wink)

Vicki/Jake said...

Haha, The things we do for 'love' (o:
At least you got to go...