The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Tuesday, November 3, 2009

What I learned this week

Civic duty - Did you vote today? I sent away for absentee ballots for us. We never sent them back. Today when we went to vote we had to vote on provisional ballots. Then to add insult to injury when I started to vote on one of the issues I voted wrong. I had to go ask for another ballot. I thought since we didn't send the absentee ballots in we could just vote regular - seems that isn't the case. I learned a valuable lesson either send the absentee ballot in or don't get one to begin with. Now reading about provisional ballots they won't even be counted until 7-10 days after the election. Boo Hoo! Anyway, I hope everyone voted today. If you want to see what other people have learned this week check out this site http://www.musingsofahousewife.com

2 comments:

Twincerely,Olga said...

Love your blog and Picture! I didn't vote toady!:(

Musings of a Housewife said...

I was bad. I didn't vote. I was planning to, but unexpectedly had to pick up a sick child from school. See, I should have done it first thing in the morning. Lesson learned! :-) Thanks for the reminder, though!!