The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Things I am thankful for....




I am thankful for my husband.   He is such a good and thoughtful man.  I am very blessed to have him in my life and I know it.

I am thankful for my son. Even though he won't be with us this year (I'll miss him a lot) for Thanksgiving. I'm happy that he's having an adventure and living out of state. He was brave to do that and I know he's going to learn so much. He really turned out to be a kind, compassionate guy (although I will always call him my kid). I will be so excited to see him in January. 

I am thankful for my Mom. A few months ago I thought she might not be here.  She is just thriving now.  She is safe, healthy and happy.

I am thankful for the Nursing Home.  They are taking such good care of her.  You worry when you choose a place for a parent to live.  I know I picked a winner.

I am thankful that everyone in my family seems to be doing pretty well.  Although some have had trials and tribulations this year, I know the future will be better for them.

I am thankful for my brother and sister-in-law for having Thanksgiving this year.  That means no cooking and cleaning for us; and that's a good thing.

I am thankful for that little picture on the top of this post.  One year my husband got a recipe for stuffing, I typed it out and he had our son draw a picture of a turkey on it. I don't remember how old he was.  Every year I print it out and my husband uses it for the stuffing and I see that little turkey and it makes me smile. This year since he won't be making it - I thought it would be apropos to still honor this little turkey by putting it in a post ;-).  I'm just so thankful that I saved it all these years.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.  Hope it's a good one.  See you all on Friday.


No comments: