The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Saturday, November 7, 2009

Friday stuff

When we went to see Mom yesterday she was "very angry" as she put it. She was still in bed and not dressed yet. Usually by the time we come she is either dressed and out of her room or in the process of getting dressed. We get there between 10:30 and 10:45. Then she told me that they had found her original wheelchair that she came with from upstairs. She kept telling me to look in her closet for it but it's only a clothes closet. Her roommate was still in her nightclothes too. I just told Mom that they were probably busy and would be there soon.

I brought the Thanksgiving decorations for Mom's bulletin board and put those up. I didn't get a picture yet but I will soon. I'm not thrilled with the way it came out but I'll see if I can find something better if this doesn't grow on me. I asked the roommate if she wanted a few decorations and she said yes. She didn't have a lot of room on her board so I put them where I could. It will be interesting to see when Thanksgiving's over if she'll let me take them down and put up a few Christmas decorations.

By the time I was done, the aide came and got Mom dressed and I wheeled her out to the eating area because it was close to lunch.

When I was there a few weeks ago, I talked to the activities director. Mom had a bunch of CD's and I asked her if the nursing home could use them. I brought those yesterday and left them for her. Just another thing gone from my house and I'm sure they will put them to good use. They play music all the time. The director told me they didn't have any country music and that's mostly what they were.

No comments: