The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Sunday, November 8, 2009

For bloggers and non bloggers

I have some questions I'd like to ask from people who blog and from those who only read blogs. You can answer all or just what pertains to you. I'm going to answer them as I think of them. I'm going to try to put a Mcklinky in but if it doesn't show up, any bloggers can just put their link in the comments. We'll see what happens.

1. Where do you find the blogs that you read?
I don't remember when I first came across blogs. I mostly get my reading blogs from other blogs. I usually look at the their blog roll or if they recommend a blog and see if it's for me.

2. What makes you keep coming back to a blog?
It's different things. Sometimes it's the serious writing or sometimes the funny writing. It's just that I connect for some reason.

3. What makes you stop going to a blog?
The first thing is if it's difficult to read. Sometimes people have a dark background with a light font. To me that's too difficult to read. In general, once I start reading someone's blog I don't get rid of it. I might not read it as often but I still keep it. Even if they don't write for months and months. I check in every once and a while and wonder what happened to them. If they say they are ending their blog, then I will delete it.

4. Do you a read a variety of blogs or just certain types of blogs?
I tend to read a lot of "mommy blogs". I also read a few men's, single women and food blogs.

5. Why did you first start a blog?
I first started it when my mom came to live with us to keep family and friends updated. Now I would like to branch out a little bit.

6. How long did it take you to find what you really wanted your blog to be about?
I'm still trying. Although I want to branch out from writing mostly about Mom and the nursing home things, I still think that might be relevant to some peoples lives (and to friends and family so they know what's going on). I guess I have to find a balance.

7. Did you have a mentor that helped you with your blog or just figured it out all on your own?
I have this bad habit of starting things and trying to figure things out on my own. That would be okay but I never get really in depth about things. (sometimes I think I might have ADHD LOL). I just try to wing it. Besides my son and I, we were the first ones to have a computer in the family. Everyone thought I knew everything, Ha. Since then my sil has far surpassed my knowledge on computers ;-)

8. Do you ever wish you were anonymous and wouldn't have to censor yourself about what you blog?
I do. It's hard to put some things on without probably hurting people's feelings. Thus, the problem of what I want this blog to be.

9. Do you have your comments moderated - why or why not?
I don't think I have to worry about moderating comments because I don't get that many.

10. How do you come up with ideas for what you want to write?
Right now it's pretty much all about Mom with a few other things thrown it. I would like to change that ratio.

11. Blogging etiquette - is it okay to steal try some things that are on other peoples blogs?
I read a few blogs that show links from either people. Is it okay to do this even if this is on other people's blogs.

12. How often do you blog?
Right now, I'm going for the gusto with blogging. Tomorrow may be another story. Remember I'm always a strong starter but not always a good finisher. I noticed when I first started reading blogs some people posted every day. Now they post only during the week. I guess you have to figure out what works for your schedule. Something else for me to consider.

No comments: