The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Sunday, January 10, 2010

Dishclothes

Now that we've had my husband's family Christmas, I wanted to show the dishcloths I made for the women in the family.



I've been knitting for a few years now and I've really not gotten very far.   I used to make a little fancier one that was called granny dishcloth but the last couple of years, I've just done the straight knitting.  It's been easier because I pretty much don't have to think while I'm doing them and I can watch TV.   I did make some very simple winter scarves the second year after I learned to knit.

I'm always trying to figure out new ways to wrap them.  One year, I just rolled them up and put ribbon around them.  A few years, I just rolled them and put them in wrapping paper..  The last couple of years, I've been putting them in these vellum bags.



I found these in the Current catalog. They come with the holes in the bag already.  Plus the ribbon and little tags. When I first purchased them a couple of years ago, they had another kind that was red with I think candy canes on them but then the following year they didn't have them. Another time, when you snooze you lose LOL.  Any suggestions on different ways I could wrap them?

2 comments:

Cathryn said...

When I made these for the family a couple of years ago, I also made the coordinating dishtowels and potholders. Ok--I don't think small at all. I just stacked and wrapped in pretty paper. I like your idea of using those cute bags!

lagata said...

I love homemade dishcloths :) I too knit them myself but will sometimes pick them up at the holiday boutiques if I see a nice colour that catches my eye. They make great gifts!

I like your idea of the little bags.