The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Eyesore - Wednesday

Now that I look at this one, this one definitely is procrastination.  The top of my bedroom closet.


 

There's really not that much up there.  About 6 months ago, this shelf was covered in magazines.  I must have had 10 years worth of Martha Stewart magazines; and some other magazines as well.  I always thought I was going to read them but I realized I wasn't.  I gave them to my girlfriend and she was going to donate them to someone.  Magically after she took them, this stuff appeared up there LOL.  I needed the space for the foot spa.  I've probably only used it two or three times and then when Mom was here I used it for her a few times.  Then there's her sewing basket.  One of the shoe boxes are holding old receipts, one of them holds shoes but the majority of the other boxes are empty.   We have a tendency to save boxes thinking we're going to need them for something.  Then we finally decide to throw them out and sure enough we'll need a box and won't have one.  I really don't like how this looks though. I'll have to figure out something.  What do you keep in your closets on top if you have a shelf?

So, what do you think?  Definitely procrastination, huh? 



4 comments:

Cathryn said...

I'm with you on the boxes bit. I like to save boxes as well because I'm always sending things to people and always need a box for it.

You got rid of the magazines and I say that's a great start!

Cathryn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lagata said...

I also tend to save boxes - funny...

I have put up an extra shelf in some of my closets - specifically for the things that I don't use but don't want to get rid of completely (ie. empty boxes). If you are wanting to get rid of the boxes though - check with the local elementary school, they may have a need for them for school projects.

Unknown said...

My closet shelves look JUST LIKE THAT! LOL! Probably worse! I also have a foot bubbler/massager sitting there that never gets used! Definitely an eyesore! I need to do a 27 fling boogie in there! A few times! LOL!

You really don't want to see under my cabinets in the bathrooms! UGH!