The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Eyesore - Tuesday

Today we are going to take a look at my linen closet - not much linens LOL


 *On this first shelf I have photo albums.  Which I guess isn't a bad place to keep them.  I always figure if there would be a fire, I could easily get to them. But I also have a couple of containers of photo's in a closet in another room. Where do you keep your albums?  I also keep the phone books there.  How many phone books do you get?   I have 3 from AT & T and one big one from another place.  How many does a person need.  I very rarely use them.  I mostly look for phone numbers on the Internet now.
* On shelf two, I have mostly dish towels and dish clothes.  Then I have a bunch of plastic tablecloths I don't use anymore.  I should probably throw them out but maybe they could be used for drop cloths.  I also have some cloth napkins.





*On this third shelf, I have our towels.  They barely fit.  Most times I have a hard time fitting them all in.
*On the fourth shelf, is probably my biggest grief.  It's pretty much a catch all for stuff.  See that Splenda in there.  I used to drink sugar in my coffee but then I switched to Splenda.  Then I decided to drink coffee with only milk.  I still have a whole big package of it left and don't know what to do with it.  In that shoebox are extra batteries.  You see swiffer cloths there (should really go where my cleaning supplies are but there's no room).  Then you can't really see it but years ago, I asked for a Black and Decker scrubber thing to clean the bathtub.  I probably used it less than 5 times.  Also, there's the glass wizard.  It looked great and so easy on TV to clean windows.Well, it wasn't for me. Also, there's a shoebox with light bulbs, extension cords and who knows what in it.

So what do you think?  I think there is definitely some procrastination going on here.  But there are some things I'm undecided on what to do with.


**Thanks everyone for your ideas yesterday on my bathroom eyesores.  There were a lot of great ideas.** 

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Your post cracked me up BECAUSE I was just annoyed at my closet over the weekend. It's the fitted sheets that make me the craziest. Wish I had a tip for you...but I need all the help I can get myself. Good morning!

Cathryn said...

I don't have a linen closet...been begging and begging for one but husband had to have his computer closet first. Still waiting for the linen closet.

Anything that's completely usable but not by you, give to either a thrift store or a homeless shelter. A battered women's/domestic violence shelter can use many things as women try to rebuild their lives--often from scratch. Any old terry-cloth towels or fleecy blankets can be used by animal shelters.

I did that to my old linens that I wasn't using anymore and they were snatched up quickly.

Anne said...

My linen closet is tiny. The smallest one I have ever had. I finally had to come to terms with the fact that it is only for linens... and wont even hold all of those. So I have kitchen towels and rags in a drawer in the kitchen, by the sink. I have put extra comforters in each bedroom. My photo books are on a special bookshelf right by the front door. I am lucky that I have a storage closet in the basement for extra stuff, but things like vintage table cloths wont do well in that climate... so they are hanging in my coat closet. I wish there was a better solution, but this is all I have come up with so far.

Unknown said...

phone books: throw out all but one white pages. Yellow pages are useless if you use the internet.

batteries/lightbulbs: buy see-through show boxes at walmart and label them, put on top shelf.
Throw out or donate plastic table cloths, anything on bottom shelf you don;t use regularly.

I store photo albums in a plastic container under my bed. keeps the dust off, moisture out

lagata said...

I don't really have much to add. Flannel backed vinyl table cloths can be cut down and zig-zagged to make changing pads, burp cloths.