The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Tuesday, January 5, 2010

What I learned this week

Can I just say how much I love google reader.  I learned that using google reader makes my life so much easier.  I'm sure most of you knew about it or a similar product to read blogs.  I knew about it but again it seemed too complicated but I did it and boy, it sure makes a big difference in my computer time.  I used to go on the blogs that I read a few times a day to see if there were any updates.  Now, I don't have to.

I've also been tweeking my blog a little bit here and there over the holidays learning different things.  I put that as one of my non-resolutions for 2010 to learn more about blogging.  I have a lot to learn.

I learned that my new Scentsy candle warmer that I've been leaving the melted wax in and just putting a new one in on top, probably isn't such a good thing like I thought.  I noticed that when it hardened up, it was hard to melt all that wax.  So once it did, I started putting them back in the molds.  I think that's probably smarter.

I learned when I'm going to replace a light bulb and the original carton is missing with the wattage;  don't look for the wattage on the bulb in the sleeve unless you have it horizontally.  One of the light bulbs might decide to  jump out and break into a million pieces on the floor.

To go to see what other people have learned this week click http://www.musingsofahousewife.com/2010/01/what-i-learned-this-week-17.html

5 comments:

Cathryn said...

Ahhhhhhhhh Thanks for that info! I know what to do with my Scentsy thing-a-mabob! :D

Jenny said...

Sounds like a week of discovery. Good for you!

Carrie said...

Haha, good to know about the light bulbs Viki. :)

Musings of a Housewife said...

I love, love, LOVE Google Reader. It's such a life saver. Thanks for linking up this week!

Jo said...

Yes, google reader is wonderful! But it only "saves" time until you fill it up with too many blogs. :-)