The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Thursday, January 14, 2010

ICE

SAME THING



DIFFERENT YEAR

 



Yep, we got the freezing gutters again.  The water coming in the medicine cabinet in the 1/2 bathroom.  Although minus the duct tape this year LOL. I think because my husband caught it quicker this year.  For some reason, I guess we (husband) forgot about it when it thawed out. I don't really know how though considering the medicine cabinet didn't get put back in until almost fall.  You can still see the old streak marks from last January.  We were thinking about painting the room.  Good thing we didn't.  Hopefully, we (my husband )won't forget to figure out why this is happening.  I did hear that some people had trouble with windows and different things leaking from the bad ice we had in the gutters last year.  Oh, this is shaping up to be one of those weeks.  

3 comments:

Cathryn said...

Last May, we found out during a really bad hail storm that our roof will leak if there's a build up on one section. Turns out it's the same section that D had to drill holes into the wall to let the snow melt out of. I don't know if can be or will be fixed soon...I'm with you on this one!

Anne said...

Have you considered why you are getting the ice in the first place? Is it because of weather or because of lack of proper attic insulation? If it is because of weather, did you clear out your gutters in the fall? Do you have adequate downspouts? Just some thoughts.

lagata said...

This is the type of thing that reminds me why I don't live in Winnipeg anymore :)