The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Friday, January 15, 2010

Son

My son left early Wednesday morning.  I miss him already.  It was great to see him.  He looked the same, except he could have used a haircut ;-).  He was so busy he didn't have time to get one when he was here.  The day before he left, he went to see Mom by himself.  He played a little bingo with her and the other residents; and he had a very long talk with her.  He came away encouraged that she did indeed like the place she was living now and that she was being well taken care of.  It also made me feel good that she conveyed that message to him. 

He saw friends and family and they were all happy to see him.  My husband and I will go visit him sometime in the coming months.  Although I haven't flown since he was about 2 years old which I'm not thrilled about, I'll have to put on my big girl undies and do it LOL.

I think he misses home a little but I KNOW he was happy to get back to where there was no SNOW.

3 comments:

lagata said...

Sounds like you had a nice visit with him. :o)

Cathryn said...

How wonderful for you and your son! I'm glad he's reassured about your mother and where she's at.That helps so much!

I'm glad you had this time with him as well. I miss mine.

Anonymous said...

Yes, it was nice to see Aaron. He looks good Vegas must be treating him ok. It's nice he got to spend time with this grandma and that she is well adjusted to her new home, that has to make you feel good- Mike