The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Thursday, December 24, 2009

4 snowmen etc.



I bought this through a catalog. I love how each snowman has a jingle bell, a wooden sled, broom or the birdhouse.  They are so fun.  The whole thing reminds me a quilt with appliques (if that is the correct term)
********************************************************************************
 
Right when we were getting ready to leave yesterday from the nursing home, some carolers came.  Probably about 6 or 7 young people with Santa hats on.  I can't even imagine how many times carolers or Christmas entertainment have come.  I bet January is going to seem pretty boring there when the holidays are over. 
 
My cousins and their husbands came over the weekend.  Mom got a cute little stocking with a snowman in it and a Santa Claus ornament that lights up.  Also, some money which I will probably use for haircuts for her.  I think next year I'm not even going to bother with decorating the bulletin board, she got so many cards and stuff that I hung over the decorations. 
 
We cooked and did more prep work yesterday.  I'm waiting for my brother to call and tell me what time they will be coming.  He's going to see Mom first.  My husband and I will go Christmas afternoon so she will have family both days.  It will seem weird not seeing her on Christmas Eve. When I talked to my son today, I told him I would call him on mom's phone from the nursing home (it has an amplifier on it) so he can talk to her for Christmas. 
 
I decided we would eat leftovers here for Christmas so that will at least be good. 
 
I better get going, I've still got a ton of stuff to do.  Have a good Christmas Eve.
 

No comments: