The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Surprise decoration





I was invited to my friend's house to make gingerbread houses a few years ago.  We all brought are own kits and extra candy to make them.  What we failed to realize was that once you made the houses (one person brought a little train kit) you had to let them dry in order to put the decorations on.  Duh!!  Some of us (who shall remain nameless) couldn't even get the houses to stick together at all. I think we even used a hair dryer to try to dry it more quickly.  Two of the some of us (I think there were 4) got theirs to at least stick and somewhat decorated.  One of us ended up taking it home and putting it in the basement to do the following year.  The next year when that time came, one of us decided it was way too much trouble and pitched it LOL.

Anyhow, when I was at this friend's house, I saw this picture of the snowmen hanging on her wall. I must have told her 30 2 times how much I loved it.  A day or two later, there was a knock at my door and standing there was my friend with the picture.  She gave it to me.  Now doesn't that just warm your heart.  I know it did mine.  Every time I put it up for Christmas, I think of her.

No comments: