The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Gingerbread and stuff


Just pretend this isn't a little blurry.  I don't know how many pictures I took of this but I just couldn't get a clear one for some reason.  Kinda like my plan with the gingerbread.  I had the bright idea that I wanted to do my kitchen in all gingerbread stuff.  I bought some little garlands that a few years we taped on the cupboard doors.  Also, I bought some hot pads that I hung up above the stove.  I never really followed through with getting more gingerbread stuff.  This year the only thing that made it up were these blurry gingerbread people LOL.  Oh well, maybe in the future I will get back into it and get more gingerbread stuff.
*********************************************************************************

We went to the meeting at the nursing home.  It was like I thought it would be, everything was good.  I had a couple of questions but I could have just as well asked the nurse on duty. We probably were only in the room 5 or 6 minutes.  I think the next time there's a meeting, if there's no problem, I will probably pass on it.  As long as we were there, I just went in to say hi to mom for a minute and told her we'd be back today.

My husband went with the list and got all the food for Christmas Eve.  He was able to get the half of ham cut into quarters, so we'll be making that.  I'll put the rest in the freezer.  I can probably use it for Easter.  I did a few thing to prepare for cooking today.  I couldn't believe it when he came home, he thought to buy the chocolate covered cherries.  OMG, I completely forgot about them.  I was so happy. If I don't write things down, I completely forget.   I told him I would have just felt terrible if we hadn't have got them.  He really saved the day ;-)

No comments: